Saturday 12 October 2013

Interval build-up running

Hello All,

A few days ago a friend of mine( Thank you Darin!) remind me of a great workout which I must share with you. It's a workout that everybody has to do from time to time.As many of you probably have already heard, there is a more efficient way to increase your aerobic capacity without the need to run for hours. It's called Interval Running\Training.

Today I'm going to introduce an interval running workout, which helps increasing aerobic capacity and has a huge fat burning effect. I can also say that this is one of the best alternatives of the aerobic training.
You can do it 3 times per weeks and soon you will notice the results.

As you can see it will take you about 25-30mins including warm-up before and stretching once you are done.

Take a chronometer with you or just use your mobile. Nowadays every mobile has one built-in.

In short, start jogging for 30 seconds. Increase the duration of the jogging with 30 seconds after every time you do a sprint.
After the first jogging, start with the sprint for 20 seconds and increase with 10 seconds after every jogging.

In a similar way I used to prepare myself for a competition in mixed martial arts. But I will show you how in the next article ;)





Source: Black Book of training secrets by Christian Thibaudeau

No comments :

Post a Comment