Saturday 28 September 2013

Strong Legs workout

For the last year I’ve been working on my legs real hard.
Previously, as many people I hated when it was a leg day. It’s not secret that we often skip to train our legs.
However, many people doesn’t realize that legs are probably half of our body. We all stand on our legs and they have to be strong enough to keep us standing on the ground. In all sports, e.g. basketball, boxing, karate, MMA, running, long jump, football and etc…. power, speed & explosiveness comes from the legs. If you are not training them regularly you will not reach your best results. Not to mention that it looks funny when we see a strong muscular guy in his shoulders and with skinny legs. I feel like if I push him with my thumb he will smash on the ground because he is not stable enough and his upper body is too heavy.
So, for this reason I want to share with you my latest leg workout. I really enjoy it before I start it and hate it after J


The routine 
Warm up, espacially your legs and do 50-100 reps squats (no weight), then do
4 circles of
- *Hack squats – 6 slow reps.
- Barbell jump squats – 10-12 reps 40kgs

*it’s important when performing the exercise to go down really slow for about 6 seconds and to stand up as fast as possible

Rest 3-5mins

4 circles of
- One legged half squat (pistol squat) – 12-15 reps, put a bench behind you and sit on it. So you do half squat. Do again all reps slowly.
do both legs and then switch to the next exercise.
- Leg step ups on a bench 12-15 reps - when you step with one of your legs on the bench and raise yourself, raise your other leg like your are hitting someone with your knee.

Then I do calves
4 sets of Farmer's Walk on Toes with dumbbells
4 sets of 15 reps calf raises on a machine like leg press or smith machine or just step with your toes on a step and do standing calf raises.

Except of performing the exercises correctly it's really important to find out the best weight to use.




No comments :

Post a Comment